Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Battle of the Bands

Christmas is approaching and you know what that means. BATTLE OF THE BANDS AT IRVING PLAZA. It takes place on Sunday January 2nd and the bands in it are: The Strokes (obviously why else would I be talking about it) The All-American Rejects (more on them later on...), Passion Pit, Anberlin, Nine Inch Nails, Ludo, Oasis, and Owl City. It'll start off as The Strokes VS Passion Pit, The All-American Rejects VS Anberlin Ludo VS Oasis and Nine Inch Nails VS Owl City. Who will win?? No one knows!!! BUT Tuesday at around 1PM there was a meeting for Battle of the Bands just as a kind of precursor as to what will happen. Since I'm pretty much part of The Strokes at this point I decided to tag along and there I got to meet all the bands.

Adam Young (Owl City) is REALLY nice, and he's on SNL next week as our musical guest for Matthew Goode so I'm going to be seeing more of him, Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) didn't really talk to ME all that much but he was talking to a bunch of other people. He seems pretty cool. Michael Angelakos is freakin' hilarious (Passion Pit) definitely want to see more of him, Stephen Christian (Anberlin) is really nice, very shy though. I didn't really get to talk to anyone from Ludo or Oasis...ah well. Then there's Tyson Ritter (All-American Rejects) although I know I've just been listing the lead singers on here but I love all of the All-American Rejects. Nick's a hoot and Chris is cool(ish). Anyways, after the meeting (Oh and The Strokes lead singer is definitely the coolest guy on the planet...blah blah blah you know ALL about him) The Strokes and The All-American Rejects decided to get together (at Nick Valensi's apartment) and watch some movies and kick-back and relax and just hang out with one another. And boy did we have a lot of fun, we watched House Bunny which Tyson was actually IN and a song from the AAR was in the movie as well. After the movie Chris (Gaylor), Albert, and Fab had to leave so it was just Nick V., Nick W., Nikolai, Jules, Tyson, and me. We made tea, rocked out to video games, and crank phone called some famous people. Then Julian and I left because I thought I had a fever and wanted to go make sure I was okay (through the SNL nurse of course!). By the way I am okay. 97.5 actually...a little chilled...All in all it was a good day. Tyson is awesome.