Monday, November 1, 2010

Seth Meyers

I'm doing a little project where I write little memoirs on all of my peers, coworkers, and other I wish to write about! Today's entry is


SETH MEYERS
by Christina Essenelle

Seth was my very first friend on SNL. He took me in and took care of me like I was his own. I remember the day we met extremely well, for it was the most life-changing event of my life. I was on the train just traveling around to wherever the train took me, and no one sat next to me but across me was a black man, and Seth. The black man was wearing an Obama sticker...I HATED Obama. Still do. No offense of course. Seth started talking to the man about his sticker and his views, Seth must've been pretty preoccupied because the black man was ranting about how amazing Obama was and Seth wasn't giving too much of a retort. So I, being the talkative person I am, I started ranting about Obama but not just regular mean person rant I was "REALLY??! With Christina and Obama Lover" ranting. And Seth couldn't contain himself. After I finished the man got up in a fuss and went to another seat on the train. Seth then looked at me incredulously and asked why he hadn't heard of me before. We started talking and he asked where my parents were, and why I was alone on the train because it was 'dangerous'. So I told him everything, because what's better than trusting a stranger right? I took a chance, and boy did it pay off. He was shocked about my orphanage situation with the terrible Lady Olson (owner of the orphanage) and how I would leave to obtain food and an education. So, he said "Let me take you to work" and I followed him to the NBC building (also known as 30 Rock) and met the entire cast. After a few days we were all best friends. That's literally it, we became best friends in no less than 2 or 3 days. Seth Meyers is a painfully attractive man. I say painful because I have a boyfriend and it hurts to see someone so model-esque be single. I think the most fun I had in Alaska was with Seth. We would share an iPod and mouth the words to the songs and do other random stuff. Also there were some heart-to-heart moments on that trip. On the bus ride through the Denali National Park Andy was fooling around and accidently slammed me into a window and I cracked my skull. I didn't tell the rest of the gang this but I never passed out. I was conscious the entire time and could hear everything they were saying. Andy was in "oh shit" mode and Seth was really the only one to reach out and help me. He's protective of me, and I appreciate it immensly.

Other than that, Seth is extremely talented. Right before Julian stepped into my life, Seth and I would watch re-runs of SNL and watch episode that HE was in and he was amazing! I loved all his impressions and what not and I think he should be in more things now. But his job on Weekend Update is also crucial, and is executed perfectly. For SNL one doesn't really bring their family to the studio to meet people, but for me (the obvious exception) I've met nearly everyone in Seth's family! I met his brother Josh while they were doing a Jimmy Fallon interview, I met his dad at the after party of that interview, and I met his aunt at a luncheon with some other family members of Seth.

Seth's one of those people you maybe meet once in a lifetime and when you do you know you want to be with this person for the rest of your life, whether it be by friendship or by more. But all I know is that I never ever want to not see Seth Meyers everyday of my life, and I will never ever in my life forget the man that changed my life for the better and saved me from an inescapable death in the gutters of New York.