Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 1 {Tina Fey}

We're finally letting Tina on the show, with Justin Bieber or as I call him J Biebs. For some reason Seth decided to do obnoxiously long scenes for the show so there are only 9 scenes to be filmed instead of the usual 12. I've got 3 scenes this week, Brownie Husband, Teacher, and Update!! Sooooooo happy about being on Weekend Update with Seth because not only is it my first time but I'm coanchoring!! EEEEEEEEEE, I hope I don't screw up. Today we filmed "Teacher" with Tina and J Biebs...I gotta say that kid knows full fleding that everyone hates him, not on SNL but in the world. Although he's pretty "A'ight". But it is annoying how he acts black when he is chalk white, Keenan was making fun of him earlier because his impression of him was just Keenan being Keenan. Pretty funny actually.

At school today, Andy decided to walk with Bobby, Nasim, Abby and I...it was pretty weird. I mean when we were dating he wouldn't even get up that early. Either he's trying to win me back or just woke up really early that morning. I mean it got Julian questioning it, and I gave him the same response "I have no idea!" Super. Super. Weird. OH, so in English all three of us have the same teacher and boy oh BOY does he look like Julian with shorter hair. It's actually really frightening how much Mr. P looks like Julian, he wears the same clothes (minus the sunglasses) have the same weird cheeks and eyelids (no offense Julian if you're reading this) although Mr. P has WAY shorter hair. But I still can't help myself from staring lustfully at this man just because he resembles my boy Jules...

So remember when I said everyone in SNL has to try out for an Improv Team? Well, I didn't know that meant they wouldn't all get in, in fact Nasim and Abby both didn't get in and it was super awkward looking at the list, just the four of us. Although, they apparently shortened the teams down so much that they're combining the adult and school leagues. Here's the list, first the ladies then the men

1. Christina Essenelle
2. Kristen Wiig
3 Amy Poehler (i know i can't believe her and tina even tried out xD)
4 Tina Fey
5 Maya Rudolph (old SNL person along with ana, molly, and rachel whom I love!)
6 Ana Gasteyer
7 Molly Shannon
8 Rachel Dratch
9 Jenny Slate
10 Chelsea Handler (SUPER excited for her)
11 Josh Meyers (SETH'S BROTHER OMG)
12 Jimmy Fallon
13 Bobby Moynihan
14 Seth Meyers
15 Bill Hader
16 Jason Sudeikis
17 Keenan Thompson
18 Andy Samberg
19 Will Forte
20 Fred Armisen

Another requirement for SNL otherthan being on an Improv team is auditioning for Broadway. SNL likes to broaden their horizon of "we've had this person from here". So I've been working for HOURS with Kristen and Fred on my 1 minute EXACTLY monologue from Dying Light by Jason D. Martin. It's a great monologue but I had to cut it down, I probably won't get in but maybe I can work backstage or something...The play is "The Dining Room" heard of it? I haven't.

Last night was hilarious to say the least. Julian and I went to a bar and were coaxed on stage and the audienced screamed for ME to sing one of Julian's song while he play the guitar. And the thing about the bar is that whatever money is thrown at you on stage you get to keep, we made a shitload. In fact, the bar called Julian today and asking if we could perform once in a while. Yeah, that was a definite no. No matter how much money we made (1700 OFF TWO SONGS) stuff gets old if its repeated. But we were still awesome. Not to brag or anything. And I'm sure you're thinking to yourself, wow Julian Casablancas spends a lot of time in the NBC building don't you think he'd be kicked out or something by now. Well now he LIVES here, yeah! SNL had an extra dorm and he took it, 109 is Julian's room...super weird.

SNL has this thing where we watch TV together, but only certain shows and not all of us watch it together. For example, Mondays is House so in the conference room/living room Seth, Fred, Kristen, Will, Kennan, Bill, and Bobby congregated on the couch while Nasim, Abby and I sat on the floor, I resting my head an back ontop of Julian and Jason resting his head on my legs. The show was great, I just wished Andy and Jenny would be more social to watch it...Tuesdays are Glee/Bad Girls Club/Hair Battle Spectacular, Wednesdays are Top Chef, Thursday are Survivor, Fridays are Talk Soup, Saturdays are US, and Sundays are Jon Stewart and Steve Colbert. We're such a family...such a big family with big problems...