Sunday, September 12, 2010

After Show Shenanigans

Immediately after the End Clap most stage hands and crew evacuated the stage and we stayed on to talk to the audience. It's something I usually do because if I were in the presence of some amazing comedians like Seth Meyers and Keenan Thompson I would want to talk to them too! Although this is always hard because we have six big black body guards and a bricade blocking off the stage. There were a couple trying to get by this big bodyguard to get Taylor's autograph. They were adorable, they all shouted her name at the same time and Taylor couldn't help but ask the body guard to step aside. I sat at the bottom of the stage and this young guy came over with his friend saying I was his favorite and wanted MY autograph...I was beyond shocked and beyond happy. He even reads my blog...So James this is to you! Usually autographs are on anything you have in your pockets, but this kid whipped out my headshot on extremely nice glossy paper and I felt so bad that I ask one of the crew to give me a stapler and I stapled a dollar to it. Those papers are expensive. After he left I gave him a kiss on the cheek, my first autograph. Super exciting. Afterwards Seth grabbed me by the arm and scolded me for being so nice because he thought that if I was nice to them I'd be nice to everyone and get killed or something. I agreed that it was sort of a risk but they were barely above the age of 18...

I don't drink. 99% of the cast does, and at times it can get a little awkward. For example, when Andy is whispering in my ear that Simba is on the roof and we have to go make sure he doesn't fall, it's hard to drag him away from the staircase upstairs saying that Simba is okay he's with Nala. Half of Andy's skits come from drunk thoughts, and it's always funny till he's puking in the garbage can. He's not an alcoholic or anything he just can't handle alcohol...at all. Other than Andy no one else really gets drunk. Usually when Andy is drinking I hang out with Seth and Jimmy and we either play video games or sports (DODGEBALL) we're champions.Nasim usually drinks and then make-out with one of the guests we have then refuses seeing them ever again, it's pretty funny actually. Abby sits and talks with Fred and Kristen. Jason is talking to Will, Bobby, Bill, Keenan, and guests and Jenny just doesn't party with us...I don't know where she goes but on the plus side we had Julian Casablancas come! He is such a sweetheart. When I wasn't playing with Jimmy and Seth I was talking to Julian who got this voice of ANGELS. Although he attempted to beat me in SSB
(Super Smash Bros.), he failed miserably.

At around 2AM Fred whipped out the karaoke machine and the fun really got started. We actually got our digital short from it for this week. It's called Boombox and Julian is in it as well. GET EXCITED. Julian's actually a pretty amazing guy, and he has known Andy for a while. Speaking of Andy he got comfy with one of the extras from the episode. I would be angry but it was in a drunken stupor. Guess this whole dating thing isn't all that it's cracked up to be, but I see him everyday so I'll bring it up to him. Crazy how small the world really is, isn't it?