Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 20 {The Mighty Boosh}

Hello friends, what a merry Tuesday this is. I just got word today from my doctor lady person that I'm having required surgery on August 22nd and I am scared SHITLESS. They have to put my under and everything, yes they are giving me a vacation to Australia. What if that's what happened when they knocked you out? You just went to Australia. Fuck, people would get surgery more often.

Today we filmed scene 2. We were suppose to film scenes 2 and 6 but we couldn't fit it in the schedule. Scene 2 and 6 are very long scenes and they both take place in my flat! It's because Vince and Howard are in a fight and they both go to me to talk about it. I have a crap load of lines in this episode and I only messed up twice today. Paul talked about me in an interview about the new Boosh today!

CHRISTINA ESSENELLE JOINS "THE MIGHTY BOOSH" FOR SERIES 4!
Damien Marks
I sat down and had a chat with Mighty Boosh director Paul King about the changes in series 4 and new cast members.

DAMIEN: What's the main difference between series 3 and series 4?
PAUL: Well in this series Howard and Vince have a new neighbor; Stephanie, and they go on adventure with them and also helps them in times of need and what not.
DAMIEN: Who plays Stephanie?
PAUL: Christina Essenelle.
DAMIEN: Oh really? How has it been working with her?
PAUL: Oh she's fantastic, she actually takes working on the Boosh seriously.
DAMIEN: Do the other cast members not take filming seriously?
PAUL: (laughs) They do, they're just so comfortable with each other that a lot of the takes are of them laughing because we're practically family.
DAMIEN: That's a very hard environment to achieve. Has Christina adapted to the Boosh family? Does everyone like her?
PAUL: Oh absolutely, she actually knew Julian and Noel before the show, that's actually how she got on the show. I was her in London and they called me up asking if they could write a part in for her. I was shocked that they even wanted another person to be apart of the show.
DAMIEN: Have other people tried to be on the show and they haven't adapted?
PAUL: Yes, if you remember Mrs. Gideon in series 1 she was suppose to be in series 2 but they decided not to write in a part for her...she was very awkward on set so it was probably for the best.
DAMIEN: I can see why she wouldn't come back then! Other than adding cast members have you taken some away?
PAUL: No everyone is still there, although we don't have Saboo in too many episodes. Just one this season.
DAMIEN: Saboo! I loved the Shaymen council.
PAUL: Thanks, yeah it's a blast filming with these people and the addition of Christina is just wonderful. We were actually afraid that she would be difficult to film because she's so use to doing strict scenes with strict lines and filming for the Boosh....it's practically improv.
DAMIEN: I was reading in another interview with Noel Fielding that there is a love interest this series?
PAUL: Noel Fielding...yes there is. But we don't want to let out all about the new series. I know Christina has a blog and even she's not allowed to say much about the series, just that there is a new one and that she's in it.
DAMIEN: Very cool. How is it coming back to the Boosh after so many years of live shows?
PAUL: Very relaxing, it's so hectic backstage for the live shows and filming is so easy compared to it. You have that chance to redo everything.
DAMIEN: How's the budget for the new series?
PAUL: Very good actually! We're doing 7 episodes this series.
DAMIEN: I always thought it was interesting how you don't have many episodes to the series. How is the work day for the Boosh?
PAUL: Very hectic. We do have our breaks but we're very on schedule, I mean even now we get behind. We're trying to get the whole series done by October just because Christina is still on the Saturday Night Live cast.
DAMIEN: Right they're off for the summer, do you think there will be other series after this one?
PAUL: If Christina is willing to be in another then yes. We were discussing that the other day and so far the reaction from the fans that Christina Essenelle is on the show was very, very positive. Also, there is a love interest and we'd either have to drop that or continue it to the next series, which we'd love to do.
DAMIEN: What gossip, love interest for Christina Essenelle!
PAUL: I didn't say that!
DAMIEN: (laughs) I'm only teasing, is there still music for series 4?
PAUL: Yes always! The music is what makes the show, however we're still not going to have a purchasable soundtrack. Julian's orders.
DAMIEN: Aw not again!
PAUL: I'm sorry!
DAMIEN: (laughs) Well thank you Paul for stopping by.
PAUL: (laughs) Yeah, thanks for having me. Take care.