Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 19 {Summer Tour}

We are in DENMAAAAARRRRRRRK. We have very limited time here though because tomorrow we're in Poland (a place that I have not been to, exciting!) so we landed here at 4AM and we're staying at Julian's mom's house because there's no point in booking a hotel room when we're only staying here for less than 24 hours. Jules, Ryan, Nick, and myself slept in Jules' room (bed/couch) and then Fab, Albert, and Niko slept in the family room. I love Jeanette, she made us pancakes. I love that woman.

We went out to lunch in Coppenhagen and then it was all sound check at Rosklide after that. I feel like being on tour with The Strokes is a great way to get to know Ryan Gentles because you spend SO MUCH time with him because he's not playing and NEITHER AM I. Although Jules and I did talk about me being a keyboard synthesizer for The Strokes...imagine that...I don't think I would because people already associate me with The Strokes enough that I wouldn't need to accompany any keyboard/back up lyrics to them. They're brilliant on their own.

This is so exciting, at the moment they are working on The Mighty Boosh set. Jubee and Noel are in London and they're sending me pictures JUST FOR YOU GUYS:


Doesn't the set look wonderful?

Time Elapse: 4 hours

Another amazing show! Nick stole my jacket for the performance (a new ritual that started in Norway but I didn't think would continue). I'll put pics up of each performance and each clothing article. Unfortunately I cannot write a lot because I have to go hop on a plane to Poland...wonder what the place is like. Norway is still my #1 favorite.

Denmark: my shirt

Sweden: my jacket