Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 1 {Emma Stone}

Today's post is another that starts out with the night before! So last night at around 9 Bobby, Bill, Andy, Nasim and I went out for drinks (I of course did not partake in said activity). We stayed there till about 11 and then Andy ran out of the bar saying he was going on an adventure and that we should all join him, I being the responsible adult, stole Bill's wallet, told Bobby to wait for me outside, and paid for the drinks. Unfortunately Bobby didn't listen and when I went outside it was pouring and I had no umbrella, no jacket, no cell phone, and no cash (i'd spent it all on their drinks). Considering the fact that the NBC Building is about 60 blocks from this bar I decided to run to the closest place that I knew. Nick Valensi's Apartment. I ran down the streets and attempted to stay dry, but when I knocked on Nick's door I was soaked to the bone. He answered on the third knock

NICK
Christina...(placing an arm around her, pulling her in)come in.
CHRISTINA
(shivering) Thanks. This was the closest place to the bar I was just at...(her teeth begin to chatter)
NICK
Here lemme get you some clothes...
CHRISTINA
Oh no I'm just in-and-out...! (NICK comes in giving her a disapproving look)I'll be on my way as soon as I warm up...(NICK gives her the clothes)
NICK
That's cute you know. Put those on.
CHRISTINA
(laughing and pushing the clothes back to NICK) I know I'm adorable. But seriously it's not raining that hard... (NICK walks to window and pulls curtains apart to show the lightning flash the sky) Did I tell you the story of how I was electrocuted during a thunderstorm? Clearly, I am still here.
NICK
Oh well, your lightning stricken days are over. Come on you'll get pneumonia if you go out there now. (CHRISTINA makes a face and goes to the bathroom with the clothes NICK gave her. She comes out several minutes later wearing sweat pants and a band-tee)
CHRISTINA
Fix my hair and I'll be you.
NICK
Sexy no doubt.
CHRISTINA
Oh of course.
NICK
So what happened? How come your alone in my neck of the woods? (CHRISTINA explains what happened) And where's Julian?
CHRISTINA
Uh, I think he told me he had to go to the studio to go play some music or something. He's been doing that a lot recently.
NICK
Typical.
CHRISTINA
What do you mean?
NICK
(moving to the kitchen) Typical Julian. He lives at the studio...didn't you break up with your last boyfriend because he was never there?
CHRISTINA
Yeah...but I think we'll be okay. I mean it's not for weeks at a time.
NICK
Yeah. (holding up a mug of tea) want some?
CHRISTINA
Oh yes please. (sitting at the bar stool grabbing the tea from NICK. She looks at the kitchen in utter dismay) Well I see that you haven't cleaned up since before...
NICK
Yeah...I'll get around to it
CHRISTINA
(laughs) So, am I gonna stay here till the storm breaks...or...?
NICK
Nope you're in for the sleepover of your life.
CHRISTINA
PILLOW FIGHT!
NICK
MAKE IT HAPPEN!
CHRISTINA
(laughs loudly) that was a kickass episode.
NICK
It was, you were amazing.
CHRISTINA
Why thank you. (smiles brightly) Here, let me help. (CHRISTINA grabs the dish towel next to her and soaks it in water and goes to the floor to mop up the blood that she had left there  earlier. NICK takes initiative and takes out a vaccuum and turns it on) What're you using that for?
NICK
The foam.
CHRISTINA
Do you really think you can just suck up the foam? It's foam!! It'll short-circuit the wires in the vacuum!
NICK
Christina I think I know a little more about vacuums than you. (he starts sucking up the foam and immediately it sparks and turns off)
CHRISTINA
What the fuck did I just say.
NICK
I guess you're just too smart for us, Christina.
CHRISTINA
Seems plausible.
NICK
Now what.
CHRISTINA
You still have that nail polish from before?
NICK
Yes...why?
CHRISTINA
Where is it?
NICK
Tell me why first.
CHRISTINA
My question first. 
NICK
In my bathroom. Why do you need it.
CHRISTINA
(goes to the bathroom and returns with the black nail polish) Let me see your hands.
NICK
You are not painting my finger nails.
CHRISTINA
Nicholas Big Bird Valensi you give me your damn hands.
NICK
Why would saying my name make me wanna give you my hands?
CHRISTINA
Nick you're holding me hostage, at least let me have some fun.
NICK
(pause) I'm taking it off though. And I'm not doing this sober.
CHRISTINA 
Whatever pleases you Nick...(she successfully paints NICK's nail's black while he downs small glasses of wine once she is finished he gets up and goes to the bathroom) No no no, I need a picture first.
NICK
HA! You wish! I told you I would take it off.
CHRISTINA
Ha ha fine. (NICK takes off the nail polish and looks at CHRISTINA holding the tiny wine glass
NICK
I'm ready for my close-up.
CHRISTINA
(CHRISTINA takes his picture and shows it to him) Oh yeah baby.
NICK
Help me set up the bed on the couch?
CHRISTINA
Suuuuuure. (they go over to the couch and open it up, as the put together the bed their conversation continues) [NOTE: We did fight about who was going to sleep on the couch he said that he was and I'd get his bed and I argued that that would be such an imposition and it ended up with us both saying let's both sleep on the couch, it didn't seem necessary to put the whole dialog in here]
NICK
Have you ever tried making a bed by yourself? It's impossible.
CHRISTINA
Oh God I know. I tried to for my room and I had to have Seth Meyers help me.
NICK
Ugh, it's a tough job.
CHRISTINA
You said it. Is this it?
NICK
What about it?
CHRISTINA
What?
NICK
What about the album?
CHRISTINA
What album?
NICK
Is this it!
CHRISTINA
What...? OH no I meant literally is this it!
NICK
Oh...(laughs) yeah that's it.
CHRISTINA
So are these the first impressions of earth?
NICK
(throwing a pillow at her head) I'll hurt you.
CHRISTINA
Hey remember before?! Room on Fire! (NICK tackles CHRISTINA onto the bed and proceeds to hit her with a pillow and she does so back to him. They both stop and fall back onto the bed gasping for air and are laughing)
NICK
You're strong.
CHRISTINA
You're...fun.
NICK
(laughs) wanna finish V for Vendetta?
CHRISTINA
(jumping under the covers and placing the pillow over her head) Goodnight Nick!
NICK
(laughing and turning the light off) You are one funny girl.

I woke up the next morning to breakfast, clothes, and my back pack next to me. Nick you are one awesome dude. Although when I went to school Nasim and Bobby were freaking out because they had lost me the night previous and they were happy that I was ALIVE. They also gave me my cellphone (I had given it to Nasim to keep handy), It 7 new messages and 4 missed calls.

3 MISSED CALLS FROM Julian Casablancas AT 23:26PM
1 MISSED CALL FROM Bill Hader AT 2:53AM
1 NEW MESSAGE FROM Julian Casablancas AT 23:31PM <Reminder don't forget to look up munchhousen's or something...>
1 NEW MESSAGE FROM Julian Casablancas AT 00:03AM <Christina are you still out with Nasim and Bobby? Because it's a little late...no rush though>
1 NEW MESSAGE FROM Julian Casablancas AT 1:41AM <Don't have all the fun without me...I'm booorreeddd>
1 NEW MESSAGE FROM Julian Casablancas AT 2:34AM <Your friends are back without you I will look for you if you don't come back soon>
1 NEW MESSAGE FROM Julian Casablancas AT 2:54AM <Bill said that you were find so I'm going to assume you found yourself a nice hotel...when you get a phone or find your CALL ME>
1 NEW MESSAGE FROM Julian Casablancas AT 8:11AM <You were at Nick's place? He just came to get your backpack and hassled me on being a bad bf wtf is this shit>
1 NEW MESSAGE FROM Julian Casablancas AT 9:30AM <You scared the living shit out of me, we're officially even from my performance the other night>

People need to seriously calm down. I had to film at 3pm a baby spanx commerical so I didn't see Julian until around 5pm. I think he was just scared something had happened and hated the fact that I went to Nick's house because he knows that Nick has feelings for me (or something). But it was literally the only place to go so I don't think Julian had much leverage in the topic at hand. But everything is fine between us.