Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 33 {The Mighty Boosh}

Day 2: Favorite picture of Fab

Did I already say that my nose surgery was off? Well it's not off, it's delayed. Anyways, Jules left today. I am sad. But I'll see him on Friday when we got to JAPAN!! I'm very excited for that. The funniest thing happened today. Jules noticed that Noel had a keyboard in his flat so he asked if he could play it and he played Glass. I don't know why I got so emotional but I cried while he played it. I know I'm ridiculous. I guess it's because he wrote that song as I was in a coma and was worried to death about me (or so he says, I don't want to sound TOO self-absorbed). ANYWAYS so he played Glass then Noel tried to one-up him with an acoustic Love Games and then Jules played an acoustic River of Brakelights but he forgot a lot of the words so Noel then played Spider Lovin' and said it was dedicated to me and I think that really pissed Jules off, I think he thought that he failed River of Brakelights and just felt like shit considering I started to sing-along with Noel as well. But then Jules' played an acoustic Juicebox and blew Noel out of the water. Then the funniest thing happened

NOEL
Is that The Strokes? You sound just like them.
CHRISTINA
Very funny.
NOEL
What? I said it's a good cover!
JULES
(apprehensively to CHRISTINA) He's not serious.
NOEL
I am it was good do you want me to say I hate it?
CHRISTINA
Noel he's the lead singer of The Strokes.
NOEL
Wh-no you're not.
CHRISTINA
Oh my God.
JULES
Yeah.
CHRISTINA
(getting her computer she types into Google "lead singer of The Strokes" and then heads to images) See?
NOEL
You're Julian Casablancas!
JULES
How did you not know my name?
NOEL
I just knew you were Jules.
CHRISTINA
You need to get out more.
NOEL
(hugging JULES) I have a new found respect for you.
JULES
Wish I could say the same.

It's days like this where I wish Julian Casablancas was a more household name.