Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 7 {Summer Tour}

Who wants to know how old I am...?

Woah...first day 7 even done, EVER. This is magic folks. Today involves more filming! I don't know why but they filmed everything really weirdly. Scenes that needed to be straight-up filmed were done first (that was yesterday) and things that could just be improv-ed were filmed today. Mainly we just did close-up's of the Strokes singing/playing. Ryan and I were SO BORED.

We had the coolest sleepover last night. I say sleepover because I am a girl, and therefore awesome. Aw yeah. Anyways, so it was about at 10:30PM when we realized that going back to the O'Brien's would just wake the kids and cause a disruption and since we're guests we didn't want to screw with anything. So we slept at the warehouse/studio where we were filming all day (and today!) and...it was awesome. Apparently bands do this all the time so they had an "Overnight Closet" for such occasions. In this closet was practically Narnia. There were four blow-up mattresses with sheets super glued to them so that when you blew them up they'd already be on, shit load of popcorn, a LAVA LAMP (that was the coolest), crapload of blankets and pillows and then, wait for it, oh yes, they had a BLOW-UP TELEVISION. Literally the coolest thing in the world. It was basically a blow-up bed with a TV inside of it and speakers attached to the sides BUT STILL. IT WAS AWESOME. We watched Changeling with Angelina Jolie and Jeffrey Donovan. Really cool to see a movie with Jeff using a hint of his Irish Accent. Very good movie as well.

As you read above, filming was today, and so Ryan and I were bored! So bored that we decided to go into town and take part in a local blood drive and give blood! I did not know it would cause such a fiasco. Ryan gave his blood and it literally took 5 minutes. Me? Of course I would take an hour. I told the people there that I had never given blood PERIOD before so they had to check my vitals. Apparently I'm iron deficient so I couldn't give blood that day. Ridiculous. I got SO excited that I was giving blood, I thought I was saving a life or something and then my blood just turns on me like that? COME ON BLOOD GET WITH THE PROGRAM. Gosh, my blood is lame. I hope I'm not O- or something.

Today I've decided to get my act together (finally) and figure out what I need to do legally to become an adult/PERSON. Because as of 5 hours ago, I had no social security number, no birth certificate, no insurance, no bank account, no driver's license, no formal ID whatsoever, and no knowledge of my age. Well....we got to figure that all out today. I know crazy. So today was the most hectic but rewarding day of all. Here's how it went:

10AM WAKEUP
11AM BREAKFAST
12PM BLOODDRIVE
1PM PLANE TO NEW YORK
5PM ARRIVE IN NYC
5:15PM GO TO HOSPITAL, EXPLAIN SITUATION, GET BIRTH CERTIFICATE, LEAVE
6PM GO EMBASSY IN NEW YORK, GET SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
8PM PLANE TO TENNESSEE
10PM ARRIVE IN MEMPHIS
11PM SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

So I didn't accomplish everything on my list, I was going to get a driver's license but the DMV closes at 6PM so whatever DMV...I'll see them bright and early on tuesday when we're back in NYC. Reactions:

CHRISTINA
Guys look! I'M A UNITED STATES CITIZEN!
RYAN
You were always a United States citizen you freak...
CHRISTINA
Oh hush I'm excited. I HAVE A BIRTHDAY TOO!
NICK
Oh shit, really? Aren't you not suppose to know your age or something?
JULIAN
(walking over to CHRISTINA confused) Yeah...
CHRISTINA
Well, I still don't know my legitimate age. I just made one up. 
FAB
HA HA, please say you're like 96.
NIKOLAI
Ha! Could you imagine? And now the oldest SNL player...
CHRISTINA
Ha ha, no, I'm 21. 
ALBERT
Oh nice. Now you get all the benefits of being 21.
CHRISTINA
Exactly! And so my birthday is June 22nd 1990. 
NIKOLAI
Ooo, 10 year age difference. 
CHRISTINA
(playfully punching NIKOLAI) Oh shut up you. Age is but a number. I think it's ridiculous that I had to do this.
JULIAN
You didn't, why did you go out and do all this shit?
RYAN
Uh, lawsuit.
EVERYONE EXCEPT CHRISTINA AND RYAN
What?!?
FAB
What the fuck? Someone sued you??
ALBERT
Shit I didn't think anyone had the balls!
CHRISTINA
I didn't know anyone had the RIGHT. Apparently some jerk off from ****** claimed that I was a TERRORIST/ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT! Ridiculous. I have so much proof that I'm not it hurts, and I just thought that these shenanigans have been going on long enough and I really should get my shit together anyways. 
RYAN
It was time.
JULIAN
How long have you known that was someone was trying to prosecute you?
CHRISTINA
Oh I just found out today.
JULIAN
Oh I was going to say...why should Ryan know and not me?? (he laughs)
ALBERT
(to NIKOLAI) Ooo I smell awkward. (NIKOLAI laughs) 
CHRISTINA
Aahh! It's not, I swear I did this on a limb and I was bored in the first place and I had to go with SOMEONE, I mean it's not like I can get on a plane by myself.
NICK
So what's your name?
CHRISTINA
What do you mean?
NICK
Did you keep your name? And did you get a middle name?
CHRISTINA
Oh, yeah I'm Christina Essenelle. No middle name. BAMF.
FAB
Very nice!
CHRISTINA
Ha ha, now I can finally get my money out of your bank account.
ALBERT
You were keeping it THERE?
CHRISTINA
Only safe place I know!
NIKOLAI
Ha, good luck getting that all out at once. 
CHRISTINA
I'll probably just end up leaving it there. 
JULIAN
Sounds good. (they exchange a wink and then laugh to themselves)

In case when you people were reading that you noticed that Julian's tone was kind of weird, it was, he didn't exactly want me to get those papers because..well...I'm not sure actually! Huh. Picture is of Nick in the dressing room!
In case when you people were reading that you noticed that Julian's tone was kind of weird, it was, he didn't exactly want me to get those papers because..well...I'm not sure actually! Huh.