Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 11 {Summer Tour}

We're on the road again! And by road I mean the roads in the sky because we are (this very second) flying to Norway! The whole change of plans thing didn't really happen since we only stayed in NYC an extra day. But it was still worth it because even though everyone nearly left yesterday I still got to hang out with them before I left.

So we left at 10PM because our flight was at 11:30ish and so most of my SNL friends had left mid afternoon so I got to say goodbye to them then. Seth of course stayed in NYC. Some people got teary eyed like Nasim. I love that girl to bits and pieces, honestly. She's so sweet and I can't imagine what I would be like without her. Speaking of friends there was a book signing at my party and I just looked at it today. People say the nicest things I swear. It was really thoughtful of them, and like I said before, really thoughtful of Seth for doing all that. Oh God Jules got a charactercher and it's an uncanny resemblance. I'll post it on here at the bottom. Noel went with all of us to the airport because he was actually leaving for London the same time as us. I really REALLY like Noel. He's the coolest person I've ever met, when we go to the UK I'm going to see him, hands down. Noel Fielding...speaking of Noel...

NOEL FIELDING AND CHRISTINA ESSENELLE PARTY IN NEW YORK CITY
(there was a picture of us was copyrighted...sorry)
After making an appearance with Julian Barratt on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" Noel Fielding decided to stick around and hang out with New York's birthday girl; Christina Essenelle. In a prank stunted by Seth Meyers he made all of Essenelle's friends disappear but forgot one odd ball out of her crowd; Fielding. Saddened by her lack of recognition of her first ever birthday she and Noel went out to Sprinkles Cupcakes and indulged themselves in birthday delight. According to Essenelle Fielding is her "new best friend" and she plans on seeing him whenever she gets the chance. Rumors of appearances on radio, late night comedy, and game shows surround this new mod incomer and maybe, just maybe, she'll be UK's "It" girl of 2011. 

Reuniting with The Strokes was awesome. During our little New York City break I vowed to not see any of The Strokes (besides Julian of course) and now that we're back on tour...it feels nice. I truly missed all of them to be honest. Speaking of honesty, I am really rather shocked that I won't be able to attend the Reading and Leeds Festival in the UK because I have interviews and talk shows to go on...I know! Crazy! I think the only reason why the UK has taken an interest to me is because Noel and I have been photographed all over NYC together (when we were walking to get my birthday cupcake). Plus JuBee literally said that if I was ever in England and I didn't say hi to them...blood would be shed.

We got to Norway at around...8PM. We're so jetlagged it's ridiculous. We left at 11PM last night then it was a 13 hour flight, then Norway has a 9 hour time difference to us...so it was 8 when we arrived and we went straight to dinner. Dinner was grand. We all had a really good time and I have a really good feeling about this Summer Tour even more so than before. Everyone seems to have no drama and I'm really excited to be touring Norway. WOO! EXCITEMENT!