Friday, November 25, 2011

Denver, Colorado

That's right, Jules and I are hitting the slopes in Denver! Today (Tuesday cause I know this is late and time differency) we fly in at around 2PM and immediately got our snowboards and lift tickets. Now, Julian has snowboarded once before when he was 18 so I didn't really expect him to be God awful at snowboarding until we got to the top of a mountain. He got off the lift fine, then trying to get down the mountain was just impossible for him. He didn't know how to stop! So he sledded down and we bought some private lessons for the both of us. I knew how to snowboard because in NY, the slopes there are all really small so it's easy to master them, and it's easy to get a board when they are literally just planks of wood with your feet tied to them. Hey, what can I say I'm a DIY girl.

Alan was our instructor from Brasil and actually went to the Strokes concert not too long ago! He was very nice and an amazing instructor. Alan gave Julian the will to keep snowboarding cause I'll tell you, after that first run, Jules was not a happy camper.