Sunday, July 14, 2013

Blerg!

I never watched the earlier seasons of 30 Rock because I worked at NBC since 2009 and well, you can't watch your own TV shows. I watched an episode here and there but recently I've been catching up with 30 Rock, I even watched the episode I was in! But what I didn't realize was that Tina made a character after me...and I called her to confirm, Danny is me! It's so weird. The line that really got me thinking was the conversation between Jack and Danny in season 4 episode 10:

JACK
It's her isn't it?
DANNY
I don't kiss and tell, Jack.
JACK
That's because you're a gentleman, Danny. It's good to finally have another one of us around here. 
DANNY
I'm just happy to be here. A month ago I was doing a robot act on the streets, so I know my place. I wanna be TGS's Steve Nash, come down from Canada, work hard, make the black guy look good. 
JACK
Did you just make a sports reference? Do you know how little of that I get here?
LIZ
Look at me in the black light! It's tron! Watch out Stark, it's me Flynn! ...light bike. Good job tonight Danny, robot Lorenzo Lamas was funny, as was robot Ryan Seacrest and David Hasslebot.
DANNY
Hey, it's the writing!
LIZ
It's really not.