Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 1 {California}

Our flight to LAX was at 7:30AM on Virgin America was very good. The take-off and landing were very well executed and I was asleep for 60% of the flight, the other 40% I was playing games while Julian slept on my shoulder. After we landed at 11:00AM we went to go get a rental car which was a big fiasco. Apparently we had made a reservation and they lost the car or something, anyways I got to yell at them in a very Alec-Baldwin-on-30-Rock kind of way. Fortunately I brought my laptop so I can give you the full update as to what's going on here. It's 12PM now and we're not doing anything today except that we're going out to dinner with his friend Warren Fu and his wife. The ride to our hotel was hilarious just because I've never been to California and there are palm trees EVERYWHERE. Literally there are no other trees other than palm trees. And their houses have different roofs.

It's 11:30PM here and the dinner with Warren and Amy was great! Amy's a doll and is really sweet, an artist she says! Warren is very funny and nice and is also an artist (and I've seen his art too), him and Julian were mainly talking through out the night. But it was a nice dinner! We went to Arturo's (an Italian restaurant) and got SO MUCH FOOD! So I had a very good day. The picture is of Julian getting of the plane when we were segregated by the overflow of people. Toodles kids!