Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 2 {Jeffrey Donovan}

Today we filmed two of my scenes; this morning we filmed Mr. Short-Term Memory (basically my life, I have the worst memory) and then at 3PM we filmed Scott Jergenson (by the way yesterday they filmed the Digital Short and Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood [hilarious!]). Everything I filmed this morning went perfectly, very very funny scene this morning and then at 3PM...things just went to hell. There's a point in the scene where Jeff hits me across the face, but he's suppose to not hit me and the soundtrack is suppose to make the hitting sound, well that went fine for the first few takes but then Jeff by accident actually slapped me across the face and everyone just went crazy. Lorne ran over to my aid, as did Jeff, Andy, and Jason, and of course Abby was laughing her ass off on set while Keenan was still in costume & make-up. I really don't understand what her problem is. Honestly. While my assistant was getting me an ice pack (my new awesome assistant...well, newish) Lorne and I had this conversation

LORNE
There he's gonna go get you an ice pack, now lemme see it. (removing CHRISTINA's hand he looks at her red cheek) Damn, he really did a number on you. 
JEFF
(popping out of nowhere) Again, I'm really sorry-!
LORNE
Will you just get out of here? You've done enough. (CHRISTINA gives a pained look on her face and JEFF leaves sadly) Oh good here comes your ice pack, (he takes the ice) Thanks. 
CHRISTINA
(taking the ice pack she places it on her skin gingerly and cringes at the cold) Thanks, I'll be fine I just want to get this filming done. (she notices ABBY laughing and looks down sadly, LORNE noticing this asks ABBY to come over)
LORNE
Hey Abby come over here.
ABBY
Yeah what is it?
LORNE
Can you go get Kristen for me? She's in the other room. 
ABBY
Oh yeah of course. (she comes back minutes later with KRISTEN)
KRISTEN
You wanted to see me?
LORNE
Yeah you're going to be taking Abby's place in this scene.
KRISTEN
Oh sweet.
ABBY
What! Why?
LORNE
Cause you can't learn to keep your mouth shut, one of your colleagues gets hurt and your first instinct is to laugh? What the hell is wrong with you? (ABBY awestruck turns and walks away but then stops, turning around)
ABBY
The only reason why you give a damn about her is cause you want to fuck her!
KRISTEN
Oh go cry your sob story to someone else, the only reason why you're here is because your family is affiliated with this show. 
JASON
Yeah go fuck yourself Abby, you blew the fucking casting director to get on this show you slut.
ABBY
FUCK YOU JASON! FUCK ALL OF YOU I OPT OUT THIS WEEK. GOOD LUCK REPLACING ME FAGGOTS. (she stomps off
LORNE
Well. She'll be fired.
CHRISTINA
Thanks guys, you didn't have to do that.
KRISTEN
Oh we didn't do it for you, that bitch had it coming.
JASON
Yeah she can be a real cunt at times. 
CHRISTINA
(laughing) You guys are the best.

And we finished filming early that day! Boy was Vanessa happy that Abby opted out this week, because Abby had 4 scenes we had to recast, so Vanessa's scene total of 1 rose to 3 and Kristen's total of 4 went up to 5, only 1 behind me. I'm glad Kristen backed me up because we've kind of been on the rocks lately. I talked to Jeff after the filming and we're fine, it was an accident anyways. So yeah