Monday, December 2, 2013

Conan-Nightwing Interview

CONAN
My first guest will forever be known for her fantastic performance on SNL but also as the strong and sexy heroine in the new Nightwing film, ladies and gentlemen, Christina Essenelle!
CHRISTINA
(she walks out waving to a cheering crowd, she's wearing a tall romper and as CONAN gets up to greet her she holds out her arms and yells CONAN! and they run to each other and hug, as always, they whisper something to each other and then sit down) Wow you look nice, is that a tux?
CONAN
What? No, just something a little nicer for my favorite new movie star! (the audience applauds and cheers as CONAN points to CHRISTINA) Seriously, thanks again for inviting me to your premiere it was an incredible experience.
CHRISTINA
Oh of course! We've known each other for so long you were on the top of my list.
CONAN
Oh well that's very nice of you, but you were phenomenal in Nightwing (the audience cheers again) I barely talked to you at the after party because everyone was just mobbing you, but sincerely, it was one of the best performances I've seen.
CHRISTINA
Stop, my face is red enough just from being here...it's all a bit much isn't it?
CONAN
I was gonna say, is it getting to you? The pressure?
CHRISTINA
Oh God, I've had the pressure from day 1! For SNL, Lorne came up to me and was like "1 season, you get one season and then you're out if you aren't America's sweetheart" and Chris Nolan, director of Nightwing, said the same! He said "we'll train you, but you have a month of filming to prove to me you can do this", and I guess I did. (the audience applauds)
CONAN
You certainly did, and just so the audience kind of knows what I'm talking about, we have a clip here. (a clip is shown to the audience and they cheer once it is finished) Miss Essenelle, I think you need a new last name...Miss Batgirl?
CHRISTINA
(both CHRISTINA and the audience laugh) Yeah ok.
CONAN
How did you stunt double do with all the gymnastics and fighting scenes? This is your first time using one I assume-
CHRISTINA
Stunt double?
CONAN
Yeah the person who did all your stunts.
CHRISTINA
(she laughs) I didn't have a stunt double, I did everything. I told you I trained for like 3 months before ANY filming started.
CONAN
You did those back-flips and cartwheels on the balance beam? 
CHRISTINA
Yeah! I could do them now if you wanted me to... (she looks at the audience and they cheer loudly for her to do gymnastics)
CONAN
They seem to want you to, but they have no idea the ridiculous obstacle course we've given you.
CHRISTINA
I don't even know what it is.
CONAN
(he looks at her seriously) Wait you don't?
CHRISTINA
Yeah I thought it'd be more fun as a surprise for me.
CONAN
Christina we have-okay. BRING OUT THE BEAST! (the curtains open and out comes this giant moving set piece that almost looks like a miniature golf course, there's a ring of literal fire, a dragon's head that has a big red mattress for a mouth, a balance beam with streamers on the sides, and small trampoline at the beginning of the course) So you sure you're ready for the BEAST!? (the audience cheers again)
CHRISTINA
(she is obviously taken aback) Didn't know there was going to be a ring of fire but...I can do it.
CONAN
(she stands up) Now you sure you want to do this in this little get up? (CHRISTINA looks at him and laughs and then rips off her tear-away romper to show a leotard that connects to her ankles, the audience and CONAN applaud)
CHRISTINA
LET'S DO THIS! (CONAN claps and encourages the audience to do so and they also chant GO CHRISTINA GO! she survey the course and then goes to the trampoline to begin. She backs up a few feet and then runs toward the trampoline and then does a cartwheel into a jump and jumps on the trampoline with just her hands and pushes off and lands on the balance beam with both her feet down and spread out, she does not waver and the audience applauds. She then does a cartwheel into a backhand spring and lands again on the balance beam, CONAN shouts out wow! and the audience still chants GO CHRISTINA GO! she then goes to the end of the beam that's closest to the trampoline and does a cartwheel into a  into a small back-flip and then does a round-off off the beam and lands on her feet. The audience applauds and cheers as she jumps onto the next trampoline and dives through the ring of fire and lands on the next trampoline with both hands and pushes off into the dragon's mouth and onto the bed)
CONAN
INCREDIBLE!
CHRISTINA
(CONAN runs over to CHRISTINA and helps her out of the dragon, she is out of breath and is waving to the audience)
CONAN
Christina, what in the world, can't you do?
CHRISTINA
I can't do my own hair. (he laughs and then wraps an arm around her shoulder)
CONAN
Nightwing is out in theaters everywhere, Christina Essenelle ladies and gentlemen!