Sunday, June 23, 2013

23rd Birthday!

Currently on the plane to Maui!! Happy Birthday to me! Sitting next to Bradley in first class and Jen and Tyson are next to us on the other side. See you in Maui soon :D






We arrived in Maui at around 11am Hawaii time (so 2pm California time) and I got a rental car from Hertz. Once I got the car we headed out to our resort (Grand Wailea Resort and Spa) and man is it beautiful here. Partly cloudy and about 80 degrees and the ocean water is so clear and bluish-green! Maybe I'll move here some day... Immediately once we got into our rooms we slipped into our swim suits and headed down to the pool/beach. Jen didn't come down cause she wanted to read her book so it was just Bradley, Tyson and me.




The party started at around 6pm and was an absolute blast. Everyone came too! I was worried about that since its a pretty long flight from CA/NY to Hawaii. Although the biggest thank you goes to Cillian Murphy who flew from Ireland to get here! Now that's insane. The party was on the beach, white tea lights and lanterns everywhere, there were white round tables with sea shells on them and candles everywhere. Everyone looked so nice! There are tons of pictures so I'll disperse them throughout my Hawaii trip portion of this blog. I'm so happy to have all of these people here to celebrate my 23rd birthday with me. It does make me sad to not have Julian or any members of The Strokes there but they all sent me text messages/emails wishing me happy birthday. Besides, spending time with old friends (Tyson, Seth, Nasim) and with new friends (Jen, Bradley, Trevor) definitely helps with the healing process. 

The party had so many elements to it that made it truly spectacular. From the pig roast to the fireworks to the fire dancers and hula girls it was truly extraordinary. Some of you may not know this (unless you've lived with me) but I have a slight obsession with raw fish, so when I heard this year's SNL summer trip was in Hawaii I nearly jumped for joy because of all the fish I'd be having! And at my birthday there was a giant ice table filled with sushi and sashimi. Delicious. I had some great conversations with old friends at the party too. Pics coming soon...